Sunday, December 7, 2014

Write-up when he entered the school system

For now, life is still as edgy as life in the streets. We are just some notches above the people who live in the streets and living/fighting day to day for our son who has autism. I, for one, has been his very vocal advocate. I have never stopped believing in his capacities and capabilities as a person since I made a terrible mistake when he was still in potty training. It turned out, I was just not that patient with him in the success of potty training. I should had never doubted that he might not move away from the use of diapers/pull-ups. I was wrong. He learned fast enough once his pre-K teacher Ms. D and her school assistant also helped in the potty training for AX. He finished his pre-K with few mishaps on his pull-ups. He had successfully transitioned to wearing underwear when he was in K. Since this incident, I have promised him that I will always believe in him and that has never failed. There are times that I felt spending too much time researching/studying/learning/writing about autism. However, I am still able to care for his two younger siblings. I just find time-crunching when all three have many school assignments. I really have no qualms about school assignments. I just hope they do a lot of school work @ school since the kids spend 6 hours there.

No comments: