Sunday, December 7, 2014

Having autism and food that he eats

Since he was a young child, he has been eating as normal as possible. He is not afraid to taste new food and once I see that he may like the new food, I keep giving it to the kids and that includes him.

He likes to eat rice and a viand or shall I say, I serve rice all the time so he eats it. He eats all sorts of viands and would try them all yet he is skinny. I also make sure the kids eat vegetables all the time. They may vomit at first but since I keep giving the same vegetables, they had adjusted to eating vegetables, rice and meat/fish. All three kids eat bittermelon that I sauteed. It is bitter! We do not have a supply of soda in the house. The kids just drink water all the time. Although, when we go to fast food restaurants, there is a tendency to drink soda. In regular restaurants, we just ask for water all the time.

At school, I normally give him celery and the ranch we get from the fast food restaurants. He likes them. I limit the intake of sweets. We have piles of chocolates on the table but the kids rarely get them. The candies are also not part of our household. They just collect candies from birthday parties @ school and during Halloween and leave them. However, there are few times I saw Ax trying the candies. He likes cookies but like I aforementioned, the kids are limited in their sweets. I would rather throw the ice cream than have him eat all that is served to him. His siblings are not into ice cream as well.

As for fruits, he eats mango, strawberry, peeled apple, watermelon, melon, grapes, banana, blueberry, peaches, pineapple. I remember that at first, he did not like the strawberry and was about to vomit but I was persistently serving the fruit so he got used to it. It is the same story with his two siblings.

No comments: